100g unsalted butter – softened
150g caster sugar
120ml cream sherry, or any favourite alcohol
- Whisk the softened butter until extremely light and fluffy. This is easiest with a stand mixer and paddle attachment, but electric mixer is fine.
- Add the caster sugar and continue whisking until even paler and fluffier.
- Gradually add the sherry a tablespoon at a time until fully incorporated. The mixture should look like thick whipped cream.
- You can either use as is, or do the following for a pourable sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into a small pan and put over the lowest heat possible.
- Allow the mixture to melt, and DO NOT stir. It will slowly form a creamy sauce the consistency of double cream.
- Pour into a jug and serve at once.